[Gaming] The Quest for the Perfect Gaming Community
Gaming communities have been around since before the advent of the internet as we know it. From the first BBS launched in 1973 to the online communities of today, players have been drawn together by their love of games.
They also provide several unique challenges, and those responsible for managing player communities in that industry must be at the top of their game to survive. Vanilla packaged the expertise they’ve gained over the year into this comprehensive 150-page NOVEL.
The idea behind this book is to summarize the body of knowledge that already exists on game communities but is not available in one single place. And quite a few of the issues discussed within this book, while known in the industry, have not been published at all (except for maybe in discussion forums).
Here is some of what you’ll find inside:
- Determine the reason for your community
- Don’t build your game before you launch your community
- Leveraging Steam Early Access to build your player base
- Getting your first 100 players
- Simplifying your workflow
- Finding the best moderators
- Keeping resource overhead low
- Gamer archetypes in every community
- How to measure your success