The Secret Sauce to Skyrocketing Your Community’s Growth
* Note – The tips I’ll share are actionable, they are proven and tested to have helped other groups grow in numbers, and are very easy (let alone, affordable) to implement. That being said, please take the time to use them, instead of only reading and storing them in your minds.
Let’s hop right in.
1. Dominate the Q&A sites.
The thing with Q&A sites like Quora.com is its community is already thriving. Its users are often active in sharing their ideas, upvoting, commenting, and sharing (among other things).
This tells us that their members are the kind of people that we’d want to have in our community.
If so, why look any further?
Why not target the people at Quora so some of them will transfer to your community and start engaging there.
If you aren’t quite sure how to conduct yourself in Quora so you can get some of their members to join your community, you can follow these very simple steps:
Step 1: Create a profile that shows how you are all about (insert your niche here).
Step 2: Spend 5 – 10 minutes of your time daily to answer the questions that talk about your industry. Don’t just use 1-liners when answering questions, give em’ something comprehensive. Something that will really punch them in the face.
Step 3: Mention in your answer how you have a thriving group that’s all about (insert your niche here), and that the readers of your answers are welcome to join your group.
Step 4: Add a link to your group within your answer (and your profile too).
Step 5: Rinse and repeat.
If you follow the steps above, you are bound to get the members from Quora to join your community. Considering how Quora’s members are “rockstars” in their own way, you’ll end up having a community of amazing people nurturing each other.
2. Use the “I will feature you…” approach.
Here’s a question for you: If someone told you that they’d like to feature you in their community, would you say “yes?”
Considering how getting featured can help you with better PR, online visibility, and you can get more leads and sales (among other things), I’m guessing that you’ll be ecstatic at the thought of being in the spotlight, won’t you?
Well, I promise you that your audience feels the same way too.
That is why if you’ll reach out to them, and ask them if they’d allow you to feature them in your community, the chances of them replying with a “yes” are fairly high.
Depending on how your schedule looks, you can feature them via podcasts, interviews (text based), or webinars.
For the most part, I mainly use the text-based interview since it doesn’t take as much time.
This is the process that I follow:
Step 1: Create a list of questions for the prospect.
Step 2: Send over the questions if they accept your request to feature them.
Step 3: Ask the prospect to create an account on your platform.
Step 4: Publish the content on your platform once they send it back to you.
Step 5: Stir up your community so you can nurture the “thread.” Your goal is to have your community share or comment on the thread.
Step 6: Tell the prospect that you already published the content.
Step 7: Tell your prospect to join your community so the existing members in your group can reach out to them if they need their services.
As you can see, the ideas behind the steps are pretty solid. Because your prospects have boatloads of benefit to gain from accepting your request to feature them, it is highly unlikely that they’ll decline your request.
Of course, the moment your community starts engaging with them, your prospect will have a sense of belongingness in your group because you featured them and your existing members are engaging with them too.
Before you start using this strategy, I’d like you to remember these crucial points:
1. When pitching to your prospects, do not focus on how big (or small) your community is. Focus on the benefits (or the possible benefits) that they can get should they accept your request to feature them.
2. Do not just look for some random person to feature. Look for someone that has a decent amount of followers. That way, when they’ll share the content, several of their members can see it which can easily lead to their community joining your group as well.
3. Ask for referrals. Once you’re done featuring a person, you can ask him/her if there is someone they can refer. Someone that’s worthy of being featured in the community as well.
What are some strategies that you can share that will help our readers grow their community? If you have tricks up your sleeve that you’d like to share, please add them in comments section below. Cheers!