We have recently released a new connector for Google+, so your users can sign-in with Google+ and share their content easily on the social network.
Here is how to set it up:
1. Click "Social" in the "Forum" menu of your Vanilla Forums Dashboard
2. Enable Google+ by clicking "Disabled"
3. Click the gear icon to fill in settings
4. You will be presented with the following screen:
To get the information needed to fill in client and secret, you need to go to Google's API Console and accept their terms and conditions. Once in the console, follow these steps to get the proper credentials to make Google+ Social Connect function properly:
1. Once in your API Console, create a project.
2. Give it whatever name you want. Google, by default, will suggest one if you do not create one.
3. Once you have a project, click on the project name. You will be presented with a side menu. Select "Credentials". Next, click "create a new client ID".
5. Copy over Client ID and Secret into appropriate fields in Vanilla Dashboard.
6. One thing to note, if this is your first time using a Google API, you will also need to fill in the consent screen:
If you prefer, you can also watch this video tutorial
Now users can sign in with Google+ and share content with their Google+ Circles. Happy sharing!
Please note as of April 20th 2015, you will need to use Google+ Sign In, as Google has deprecated the old Google Account Open ID connector