To help you build your theme, the last few weeks, we have shared some handy tips in customizing your Vanilla Forums theme. As the year comes to an end, we figured it would make sense to create a list with them all in one list for easy access. Here are all of the tips we shared this year:
- Customizing Multilingual: Change the appearance of multilingual switcher
- Customize Discussion Appearance: Change how discussions appear depending on their status
- Removing Sidebars: Going full width with your theme
- Customizing Categories: Adding photo and colors to your categories
- If Statements and Variables: Using if statements and variables to supercharge your theme.
- Changing Icon Colors: Getting the colors to match your theme
- Modifying Vanilla Comments: Make your embedded comments match your blog colors.
- Banner Settings: Adding a Banner, SEO content, Favicon, share icon and more.
- Moving Sidebars: Move your sidebars, left to right and vice versa.
- Advanced Search: What to add to your theme for Advanced Search to work.
- Social Groups: Customizing Social Groups to look better
- Modifying Questions and Answers: Make accepted and rejected answers to questions stand out.
- Adding a Leaderboard: Adding a leaderboard to your home page.
- Reactions: Modify reactions to always be viewable.
We hope you found these tips helpful. Check under the product category for more product tips.