Configuring the LinkedIn Social Login
2) Click on the gear icon to configure the login. You will need to create a new application in your LinkedIn account and copy the API Key and Secret Key to your Vanilla account.
3) Go to https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer and click on ‘New Application’.
4) Fill out the mandatory fields and make sure to check ‘r_basicprofile’ and ‘r_emailaddresss’ under OAuth User Agreement. Also add to Oauth 2.0 Redirect URLS, the address to your vanilla forum and add “entry/connect/linkedin”.
For example, http://acme.vanillaforums.com will need become: http://acme.vanillaforums.com/entry/connect/linkedin
To save, agree to LinkedIn’s terms of service and click on ‘Add Application’.
5) Copy the API Key and Secret Key you receive back to Linkedin settings in your Vanilla Dashboard.
6) Users will now be able to register and login using their LinkedIn accounts.