Launching an online community may be one of the most important things you do for your business or brand. If you’ve never embarked on this path, it can be equal parts daunting and rewarding. It creates a hub of information and interaction between your organization, your fans and customers.
It is a long-term project, not a short-term solution. You must be prepared to build and guide your community towards success and create an atmosphere that fosters engagement from your audience and good will towards your brand.
Properly done, online communities are being used by businesses and organizations just like yours in order to:
- Gather support of fans and customers
- Provide support
- Increase awareness of new and existing products
- Source valuable information about your target customer
- Gather feedback on new ideas or existing products
There are a lot of components that go into creating the successful community, and many factors to take into consideration. We have created this step by step guide in order to support your efforts in creating your community and give you the guidelines you need in order to be successful.
This is a long post. If you want to jump to specific chapters, click on the links below:
- Chapter 1: Determine the reason for your community
- Chapter 2: What to be aware of in selecting a community platform
- Chapter 3: Considerations in setting your community platform
- Chapter 4: The importance of community management
- Chapter 5: Soft-launching your community
- Chapter 6: The basics of user-generated content
- Chapter 7: Getting to the first 100 members
- Chapter 8: How to measure your community’s success