Restricting content in your community is useful in a lot of ways. For instance:
- Premium/Paid Section: An area restricted to paying customers where they get premium support or content.
- Pre-sales: If your customer forum is private, a public section where prospects can ask questions.
- Power User Feedback: Give special access to power users to give feedback on your product or services. Maybe even as a focus group.
- Community Moderators section: A space only viewable by the moderator team to discuss issues, policies or get clarity on rules.
- Staff section: You can have a category just for staff, to discuss company policy, strategy and more.